12 fun things to do when it's too cold to go outside


We are slowly creeping up on the end of January and I think we are all a little sick and tired of this cold weather. I am counting down the days until I don't have to look like the abominable snowman on my way to class. And if I drop something on my way, forget about it because as Ralphie's little brother says, "I can't put my arms down." But, don't you fret because I have put together a foolproof list of indoor activities to get you through this winter.

1. Make an extravagant breakfast. Make waffles. Cook bacon. Drive over to my house and bring me some. A cold day will go by faster if you're busy in the kitchen all morning.

2. Plan for your next vacation...hopefully someplace warm.

3. Call a friend or family member you want to catch up with. It'll make someone's day to know you're thinking of them.

4. Online shop. Get ahead and see if you can find your boyfriend's gift for Valentine's Day. It's just around the corner you know!

5. Nap. Maybe when you wake up it'll be a little warmer. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

6. Do a DIY project you've been putting off. If you haven't been putting one off, look for one. You may just find your new favorite hobby. If you need some inspiration click here

7. Organize. It could be your closet. It could be your Spotify playlist.

8. Enjoy a movie...or three. Spend the day cuddled up in a million blankets with a warm cup of hot chocolate watching your favorite movie series.

9. Do some home workouts. Keep working towards that spring break body.

10. Take a hot shower. This way you'll be warm AND clean.

11. Here's a crazy idea...write a blog. And if not a blog, a short story, a poem, or any other form of writing that you enjoy. Have fun with it! If you can't tell, I am.

12. Color. Adult coloring books have been all the rage recently so, find your inner kindergartener and color. Here's the link to my personal favorite coloring book or you can print out some free individual pages here

That's all I have. I hope these activities help you get through this brutal weather. Stay warm and I'll talk to you guys next week!

xoxo

Olivia Shea


Comments