My Review of Sam Ozkural's February Self Love Challenge


Happy Monday! It's February 19 which means we are a little more than halfway through the month. At the beggining of the month I mentioned something on my Instagram about Sam Ozkural's Self Love Challenge. If you did not see it, I would recommend following my Instagram because I do post about things I find that other bloggers have posted and I post things about my own blog so, check that out if that interests you! Anyways, I have been keeping up with Sam's challenge and I just wanted to let you all know how it's been working for me, how I altered it to fit my life and why you should try it out for yourselves.

I will be posting my own self love challenge at the end of this month for the month of March so, stay tuned if that is something you are interested in!

I'll start off by explaining what a self love challenge is. In a nutshell, it's a mothly calender and on each day you have something scheduled that will benefit you mentally, physically or emotionally. Some of the things scheduled can be to have a yoga session as soon as you wake up or read one chapter of your favorite book. It is just meant to help you and to motivate you to spend some time on yourself each and every day.

As I said before, I have been loving this challenge. I would encourage anybody to try it. I think a lot of people spend most of their time on others and we don't spend enough time on ourselves. To have something as small as drinking enough water that day or doing an ab workout that day can give you a sense of accomplishment, it can put you in a better mood and increase your overall wellness.

Sam is a Youtuber I have been following for a couple months now. She lives and breathes health, self love, and excercie so, that is why I was inspired to try her self love challenge over others I have seen. Becuase I live in a dorm and don't have some of the resources she does, I did switch out some of her activities each day for some that would better suit me. For instance, on the 2nd of February the challenge was to make a green smoothie. Because I am on the meal plan and don't have a juicer or blender here at school, I chose to replace a green smoothie with some green tea. Also, she had one day scheduled to take a bubble bath but I didn't feel like that would benefit me as much as something else would so instead that day I went to bed before 10 PM which if you know me, that's pretty impressive due to the fact I am usually up all hours of the night. The challenge is called a self love challenge and it should benefit you so if you feel like certain things on the calander don't work for you then you can switch them out for things that do!

I would highly encourage you to try your own month of self love if thats Sam's challenge, mine or one you made on your own. It's just a small thing you can do each day that can improve your mood, health and possibly other important factors in your life.

If you haven't aready, go check out Sam on Youtube and stay tuned for next week because that is when I am posting my own March Self Love Challenge. Have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you all next Monday!

XOXO

Olivia Shea


Comments