My Monday Makeup Must-Haves


After several years of experience, trial and error, and a considerable number of trips to Sephora, Ulta and every drugstore within a 10-mile radius, I have been through my fair share of bad makeup products. Because of that, I'd love to share my favorite products so that I can save you a little bit more time, and money, when trying to find the best products in the business because, as we all know, it can be EXTREMELY overwhelming.

Aveeno Daily Moisturizer 

My first, and most important, product is my moisturizer. I have been using this moisturizer for as long as I can remember. I use it as a base before I start any form of makeup. I always get the one with sunscreen in it so that it can protect and moisturize my face. This simple step will keep your skin younger and healthier for longer.


I've tried a million different primers and this is the one I have stuck with for a while. It covers the pores on my nose and keeps my makeup lasting all day long. I put it on my nose, in between my eyebrows, and on my eyelids to serve as a base for my eye makeup.


I struggled with acne as a middle and high schooler and this was the foundation that worked best for me. It covers imperfections very well but doesn't seem to look too cakey. It keeps my face looking very natural while also covering the things I want to be covered. It also is very light so, a lot of the time I forget i'm even wearing it.


I like the matte look more than the dewey look when it comes to foundation so, after I put my foundation on, I apply a light layer of matching powder all over my face. I feel like this just keeps my makeup looking natural.


Bronzer was definitely a challenge for me for a while because I have such a fair complexion. It became difficult to find a shade that defines the face but doesn't make me look like an Oompa Loompa. But Tarte has definitely answered my prayers. This bronzer is the perfect shade of brown, not orange, and gives me that natural shading on my face that I want.


I actually got this blush in one of Lancome's sampler packs and fell in love. My cheeks are naturally rosy so I don't need much but, this is the perfect shade to lighten me up during winter or even on a rainy day.


I actually just bought this eyebrow pencil last week at Ulta. I have been shading in my eyebrows with eyeshadow for the longest time but, with that, I wasn't able to shape them very well. With this pencil, I have been able to shape my eyebrows and it makes the biggest difference. Using this pencil is such an easy and cheap way to make a huge difference with your makeup.


This mascara is my number one drugstore product. I have spent money on expensive, fancy, mascaras and they have not been worth it, for me personally. I bought this one on vacation after forgetting my mascara at home and I have stuck with it it ever since. It cheap, it doesnt clump, and it makes my eyelashes look AMAZING. You can't beat that.


This is one of the two palettes I use for my eyeshadow. I interchange them both and sometimes I mix them. It depends on what I'm feeling that day. Overall, I like to stick to nudes for my eyeshadows because I like a more natural eye and usually the lips are where I like to play with color. So, this pallete is perfect for everyday use.


This is my second palette. This is my older palette that I have used FOREVER. I would say I use this one more often just because I like the browns on the palette and the white works really well on the inside corner of my eyelid and right below the arch of my eyebrow. But, definitely recommend either palette if you need one for everyday use.

Tarte Lippie Lingerie Lipstick

As I said before, I do like to play with lip color but this is the lipstick I use on a daily basis. Again, because I like the more natural look, this is a matte lip that is a little darker than my natural lip color. I like how it shapes my lips but doesn't make it look like I'm wearing a lot of lipstick.


And that's it for my makeup routine/ make up must-haves! I hope this relieves a little bit of stress if you are early in your makeup journey. I can't guarantee that these products will work best for you but as a fair skinned, green-eyed female they have worked wonders for me! Let me know if this was helpful in the comments below and I'll talk to you all next week!

XOXO

Olivia Shea

Comments