Rise and Shine


Naturally, I am NOT a morning person. ESPECIALLY during this whole daylight savings thing. I mean who's idea was is to take away an hour of my sleep? I barely get enough as it is! Anyway, I would sleep in until 1 PM if I could. But, since January of this year, I have been trying to train myself to be more of a morning person. I've been going to sleep early, working out in the morning, and have found a new love for coffee. Some may call it an addiction but let's stick with a new found love for now. So, keep reading to see how I start my mornings and how being a morning person has changed my life for good...

6:30 AM - POUND THE ALARM

I do try and get up at the same time every day so, during the week, I'm out of the house at around 8:00 so, I try my best to set my alarm for 6:30....yes, in the morning. That way I'm up with plenty of time to get ready. I'm up before my roommates usually so that time serves as a little me time to start off my day.

6:45 AM - BREAKFAST

I am most definitely one of those people who has to eat as soon as they wake up. My absolute FAVORITE breakfast is either oatmeal or my protein smoothie bowl. I will have those recipes typed below:

**ALSO, I always have 2 large cups of water before breakfast. It hydrates you and prevents you from overeating and it has been working for me so, I always make sure to try and make drinking water a part of my morning routine.

My Breakfast Recipes

Oatmeal:                                                                           

Ingredients-
-2 packs of Quakers Low Sugar Maple 
and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal
-1 tbsp of peanut butter 

Put the dry oatmeal in a bowl. Put the peanut butter
in that same bowl. Add as much hot water as desired. 
Mix! Super easy.

Protein Smoothie Bowl:

Ingredients-
-2 tbsp of peanut butter
-1/2 cup of almond milk
-1 Banana
-1 scoop of chocolate protein 
powder (I use Lifetime Fitness 
Veganmax but, totally up to you!)
-Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal (Optional)

Put the peanut butter, almond milk, one half of the 
banana, and protein powder in the blender and....well,
blend. For decoration, add sliced banana and Kashi to 
the top of the bowl and all done!

I try to stick to a breakfast that is high in carbohydrates and protein so that I have the energy to get through the beginning of my day and so that I will stay full until lunchtime.

7:00 AM - MAKE BED

I try my best to make my bed every morning. I've read that its supposed to make your room look cleaner and it gives you a sense of accomplishment every morning. So, that's what I do and I find it does make my usually messy room look a little bit cleaner and it makes me feel better.

7:15 AM - WORK IT OUT

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have class at 8 AM but on Tuesdays and Thursdays is when I can do my morning workouts so this is about the time that I like to do those. If you're curious about what I do at the gym, I'll have my workout routine listed below. (WARNING: I have no knowledge in exercise science this is just a routine I have found from compiling multiple different online sources together and that works for me.)

My Workout Routine

Cardio:

-3 miles on the elliptical (can also be replaced with the treadmill)
-500 steps on the stepper

Strength Training:
-50 donkey kicks (each leg)
-50 leg kicks (each leg)
-100 medicine ball twists
-50 crunches
-100 inner leg lifts (each leg)
-3 1 minute planks
-5 push-ups
-50 alternating push-up planks
-30 tricep dips


8:30 AM - SHOWER / GET DRESSED

When it comes to getting ready in the morning I honestly don't do much other than slapping on a baseball cap, a t-shirt, and some moisturizer and calling it a day. Because I spend the day walking around campus and sitting in class I prefer to be comfortable during the week.

9:30 AM - CLASS

And that's all! Eating as soon as I wake up, working out and making my bed have all been huge factors in helping me develop into a morning person. They have also helped me think clearer and be more productive during my day. I hope you enjoyed learning about my morning schedule. It's a little different over the summer so, if you are interested in a summer edition make sure to let me know in the comments below! Have an AMAZING week and come visit my page next Monday to check out my spring shopping haul. Bye!

XOXO

Olivia Shea










Comments