Booty Bumps For Formal


This past Friday I attended formal. If you aren't familiar with formal, in a nutshell, it's prom part two,
college edition....does that make sense? Anyway, I was planning on wearing my prom dress from junior year but, the freshman fifteen hit me REAL hard and let's just say that wasn't an option anymore. So, I had two weeks and I needed a dress ordered, shipped, and hemmed. Can you feel my stress? Because just writing about it stresses me out all over again. After searching the streets of Athens, GA and coming up short, I turned to online shopping.

After a bit of researching, I found the most beautiful dress and pulled together the rest of my accessories with the help of Amazon Prime and friends with good taste, who love to share. So, if you wanna see my final look keep scrolling to see what I pulled together.




DRESS

I found this beauty for a bargain. It costs less than $70! It's a high neck, open back, A-line dress. I definitely wanted to stand out when I chose this color. The website calls it 'magenta' but I would say it's more of a purple. I fell in love with it because it's simple yet, elegant and is flattering on almost all body types because of its A-line fit. It comes in multiple colors but, other than wanting to stand out, I chose this color because the purple tones complimented my green eyes. If you love it as much as I do, you can shop for it here!


MAKEUP

I kept the makeup simple. Because the dress color naturally brought out my eyes, I didn't feel like I had to do much. So, I used my natural makeup routine, if you missed it you can read all about it in last week's Monday Makeup Must-Haves post but, I added fake eyelashes this time. Which I have never actually applied to myself before and that was probably the most challenging, painstakingly detailed thing I have ever done. I just want to give a round of applause to all the women out there that do it on a daily basis because I couldn't. I'm going to have eyelash glue stuck on my fingers for the next month or so.

HAIR

As for my hair, I went with a classic middle part and curl...my usual look. My curling iron of choice was my Infiniti Pro Conair Curling Wand. My whole goal was to keep the look very minimal, mostly due to my lack of time and lack of talent in the hair field but, let's just say it was a stylistic choice.


JEWELRY

For my accessories, I chose to pair my dress with some silver feather statement earrings I had lying around. As you can see, I tried to avoid over-accessorizing by wearing one statement piece, the earrings, and having the other pieces stay small and simple. That way you aren't overpowered by your jewelry.

Overall, I had an amazing time dancing my booty off with all my ZTA ladies! If you have prom or formal coming up, I hope you have an AMAZING time. My only advice for you is if you are putting on your own fake eyelashes, practice beforehand, and wear comfortable heels...it's for your own good. Also, taking your best friend allows for much cuter pictures so, don't be afraid to make the night a girls night and don't let the lack of a date discourage you. Hope you enjoyed today's post and keep an eye out! Because of the upcoming holiday, I have a surprise post coming at the end of the week. Make sure to look out for it!



XOXO

Olivia Shea

Comments