My Grocery Store Haul


Because of my meal plan and lack of a vehicle here at school, I don't run to the grocery store very often. But when I do, I make sure to stock up on all my favorite snacks. A lot of you have asked me about how I keep a healthy diet while in college. A lot of that is due to the snacks I keep in my dorm room for when the dining hall is just too far of a walk. So, I've chosen to share my grocery store list that allows me to meal prep, snack without feeling guilty and enjoy something sweet on occasions.

I live in a dorm with a microwave and refrigerator and that is about all I have to work with, cooking wise. So, fair warning, there are a lot of pre-made meals and packaged snacks on this grocery list. Also, you can find all these products at your local Walmart. That is the only grocery store here at school so, that is where I shop for all my goodies!

Anyway, let's start with breakfast, the most important meal of the day. AKA, my FAVORITE meal of the day. If you read My Morning Routine you have read about my two favorite breakfast meals, which are my oatmeal and protein smoothie. So, I always make sure to get the ingredients for those two meals, which is included in my blog post linked above, when I shop. I also grab bananas, peanut butter and a box of Kellog's Spinach, Egg & Cheese Medley Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches. This gives me approximately four options for breakfast.

Once that is all taken care of, I shop for snacks. I don't purchase anything for lunch because I eat that on campus. My snacks include oranges, Oikos yogurtQuest barsFiber One bars, and my all time favorite....Halo Top Ice Cream. I try to get things like the bars and oranges that I can throw into my bag and eat between classes. Also, oranges seem to stay fresh for longer so they are a good fruit to keep in the fridge. The Quest bars serve as a meal replacement for me because they have so much protein in them but, I also tend to eat one right before I go to the gym. My favorite flavor is brownie but, try a couple flavors if you are trying them out for the first time. And lastly, my ice cream is for Monday nights when I'm usually watching The Bachelor or just recovering from a rough Monday because let's face it, we all have WAY too many of those. I would also recommend snacks like Boom Chicka PopAlyssa's Cookies (which cannot be found at Walmart but, you can order them through the link I have provided), and Veggie Straws.


Before daylight savings, it would get really dark around here before I could make it to the dining hall for dinner. So, a lot of the time I would heat up some frozen meals. One of those meals includes Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers Simply Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. My frozen meals choices are often limited because I only eat white meat but, I always make sure to get this one because it tastes just like a home-cooked meal, which you need every once in a while. Along with that, I've also had Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara which tastes like a cheat meal but it isn't...and those are the best kind of cheat meals.

And that's all of it! Below I have my official list. Feel free to bring it to the grocery store and shop away. I hope this gives you a little insight into how I try my best and eat healthily. I also hope this helps you to make healthier decisions when going to the grocery store. I know it helps me to make a list beforehand because if not, I'll be hanging out in the candy aisle if you need me.

Official Grocery List:

Quakers Low Sugar Maple 
and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal

-Peanut butter 

-Almond milk

-Bananas

-Chocolate protein 
powder

-Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal

-Kellog's Spinach, Egg & Cheese Medley 
Flatbread Breakfast Sandwiches

-Oranges

-Oikos yogurt

-Quest bars

-Fiber One bars

-Halo Top ice cream

-Boom Chicka Pop popcorn

-Alyssa's Cookies

-Veggie Straws

-Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken &
Broccoli Alfredo

-Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti Marinara

If you try anything new that is on my list that you have not tried before, let me know! I'd love to hear how it worked out for you. Have fun shopping and I'll see you all next week!

XOXO

Olivia Shea

Comments